It happened just this week. It was noon. A friend had texted me to say “Hi,” and innocently asked how my morning had been. I couldn’t possibly TEXT it all. I was feeling like, well, like the crazy picture of me at the top of this post. So I sent her this email below. I thought you might enjoy a little laugh & a bit of encouragement!
It’s noon and so far…
– An entire bottle of hand soap hit the floor in the bathroom (ever tried cleanin’ that up? Sticky goo)
– No lesson plans this week for Max & Chase… just wingin’ it through their books…
– Laundry pile has eaten the remaining clean clothes in my closet
– I’d straighten up my house but I can’t find the furniture, it’s hidden under several layers of dust
– There’s a national fruit fly convention in my kitchen AND bathrooms!
– I’m NOT wearing any make-up yet
– Pretty sure I could really use a shower
– Kids haven’t eaten any fruit or veggies today
– and I’m stuffin my face full of tortilla chips!
But… I spoke with Jesus about all this and He doesn’t seem upset by any of it… so I’m trying NOT to be either! 🙂