When you think of words that make your tummy turn a
little flip and your heart utter a little prayer of
forgiveness, one of those words would most certainly
be HUMILITY. Am I right?
This difficult quality will not grow in us as long
as we are thinking about ourselves.
“How do I look?”
“Did I do that right? Are they noticing?”
“How will this affect me?”
“Why are they doing that? That’s not even right!”
“They’re so insensitive!”
Insecurity kills humility.
Cuz thinking about ourselves all the time
is pride… the enemy of humility.
A purposeful effort must be made to
NOT be full of self-thoughts.
Make an effort to…
– be gentle (deciding to be kind)
– be patient (cuz impatience is selfishness!)
– work without a title
– not depend on others’ affirmation
– choose the “invisible” jobs
– recognize others when you’re craving recognition
– be alone without being lonely (quote from our mentor Jeannie)
– stop rating other people
– remember Who you serve & why
Humility is the inside-out virtue that’s produced
by comparing ourselves to the Lord rather than to others.
“Always be humble and gentle.
Be patient with each other,
making allowance for each other’s faults
because of your love.”